After a terrorist bombing left 22 dead and countless others injured at her Manchester concert Monday night, Ariana Grande has suspended her world tour
The 23-year-old singer was not hurt, but sources are revealing that she was “in hysterics” after learning about the casualties at her show.
“She’s in no condition to perform,” a source told TMZ.
Ariana also spoke out following the tragic incident, tweeting, “broken. from the bottom of my heart, I am so so sorry. I don’t have words.”
The New York Times is reporting that the Islamic State has claimed responsibility for the attack, and according to local police, an unknown person detonated an “improvised explosive device” and died at the scene.
Laura Bruce, 18, was in the arena when she heard the explosion. “Everyone below us just turned and ran,” she said. “Because we were higher up, we could not get out for five minutes. When we came out, a man walked past us just covered in blood.”
So far, two victims have been confirmed: 8-year-old Saffie Rose Roussos, who was attending the concert with her mother and sister, and Georgina Bethany Callander, an 18-year-old student.
Queen Elizabeth II released a statement offering her deepest sympathies. “The whole nation has been shocked by the death and injury in Manchester last night of so many people, adults and children, who had just been enjoying a concert,” she added.
Ariana’s manager Scooter Braun also spoke out about the bombing, writing, “Tonight, our hearts are broken. Words cannot express our sorrow for the victims and families harmed in this senseless attack.
He continued, “We mourn the lives of children and loved ones taken by this cowardly act. We are thankful for the selfless service tonight of Manchester’s first responders who rushed towards danger to help save lives. We ask all of you o hold the victims, their families, and all those affected in your hearts and prayers.”