From the crazy headgear on the KTZ runway to Rihanna‘s River Collection debut, we couldn’t get enough of the unforgettable fashions and celebrity sightings from the UK’s big week of fashion-forward shows.
Check out the five things we loved about Fall 2013 London Fashion Week!
1. The Big Shows: Tom Ford made his debut at London Fashion Week, which attracted a star-studded crowd. Meanwhile, Burberry Prorsum, L’Wren Scott and Rihanna‘s debut of her River Island collection also had everyone talking.
The “Stay” crooner’s show started an hour late, so to pass the time Cara Delevingne, clad in a batwing-sleeved Adidas hoodie and thigh-high leather boots, danced on just about any British celeb she could spot as Rihanna’s songs blasted in the background, according
2. The Craziness: Wherever the Fashion Week may be, there will always be looks that raise eyebrows (sometimes literally). Vivienne Westwood put her models in clown makeup, KTZ had his models walk down the catwalk in crazy masks, and Craig Green for MAN infused trash couture into his looks.
3. The Wow Factor: Preen put on a show 35 stories high in London’s Heron Tower, causing guest to take a glass elevator that high up to get a glance at his collection, according to New York Magazine. Also, Anya Hindmark’s set had 50,000 dominoes stacked up that tumbled in line during her show. Prepping that move took 7,559 hours, according to Vogue.
4. Trend Spotting: Pink was the color of the moment, with models strutting down the catwalk in blush and bold hues at shows from Jonathan Saunders to Simone Rocha. According to Flare, turtlenecks also made a comeback, “mannish flats” were the hot shoe, leopard print and patchwork were “in,” and 3D prints were also the rage.
5. The Stars: Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Freida Pinto, Kate Beckinsale and Rita Ora were among stars in the front row of the Burberry Prorsum show. The pop star was not only on hand to see the brand’s latest collection, but also to support her friend Delevingne, who walked in the show.
Meanwhile, Anna Wintour sat front row at L’Wren Scott‘s show with Scott’s longtime boyfriend Mick Jagger. Andre Leon Talley also stopped by—marking his first London Fashion Week in two decades, according to Women’s Wear Daily.
Lana Del Rey sat front row at Mulberry, as did Wintour and Delevingne.
For the star couples in tow, Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake looked stunning in the front row at Tom Ford, One direction singer Louis Tomlinson took his ladylove Eleanor Calder to TopShop Unique, and Kate Bosworth brought her film director then-fiancé Michael Polish to the front row at Topshop Unique as well. Follow @Infocelebrity on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!