That’s right, the 56th Annual Grammy Awards, also known as music’s biggest night, will air at 8 p.m. on CBS.
E! will be providing the very best red carpet coverage with Ryan Seacrest and Giuliana Rancic from 6 p.m. ET/PT. Our livestream coverage kicks off at 5:55 p.m. ET/2:55 PT with Catt Sadler and Jesse Giddings, plus special experts in fashion and music!
But before all of the gold gramophone trophies are handed out and your favorite musicians take the stage for some dazzling performances, here are 10 things you gotta know:
1. Beyoncé and Jay Z to Perform?: That’s right, Queen Bey and Hov are expected to take the stage. The superstar couple’s upcoming appearance was all-but confirmed during a commercial that aired on CBS, which listed the duo as performers. However, the spot has since been removed and so the mystery remains if Blue Ivy‘s parents will indeed perform. Fingers crossed it’s “Drunk in Love!”
2. Performances to Watch: Katy Perry, Taylor Swift , Lorde, John Legend, Keith Urban and many others will sing their biggest hits from the past year in front of the star-studded audience. With surprise appearances, over-the-top costumes and glitzy backdrops, which performer or performance will be the most-talked about after it’s all said and done?
NEWS: Complete list of nominees for the 56th Annual Grammy Awards
3. Madonna Last-Minute Performer Addition: That’s right, the Material Girl confirmed her performance just two days before the big show. “It’s official! I’m off my crutches and I’m looking for the perfect pair of heels to wear to the Grammys……….#instagrammy,” she captioned an Instagram pic of herself strumming a guitar.
4. Beatles Tribute: Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr, the remaining surviving members of the Fab Four, will accept the 2014 Recording Academy Lifetime Achievement Award. Both are slated to perform, but they’re keeping us guessing if it will be together. If they do indeed collaborate, it would be their first performance since a 2010 concert to celebrate Starr’s 70th birthday.
5. Best Dressed Goes to…: The Grammys is a “formal” affair but some A-list celebs have made some memorable and wild fashion choices over the years. Case and point, who could forget Jennifer Lopez‘s iconic and daring Versace plunging neckline gown. Or Lady Gaga arriving in an egg, and Nicki Minaj emulating Little Red Riding Hood.
6. Possible Winners to Watch: While there are so many categories, 82 to be exact, some big artists that we are singling out as safe bets to walk away with a Grammy are Jay Z—he leads the pack with 9 nominations—Justin Timberlake, Sara Bareilles, Kendrick Lamar, Daft Punk and newcomer Lorde.
7. Will Kanye West Show Up?: Kanye West blasted the Grammys for only receiving two nominations for his album “Yeezus.”
“Yeezus is the top one or two album on every single list, but only gets two nominations from the Grammys,” he told an audience during his tour in December. “What are they trying to say?”
Well, we will have to wait and see if he decides to attend the show. Our guess is probably not, since he didn’t show up back in 2012 when he led the entire field with seven nominations—and he won four.
8. Plenty of Presenters: Many awards=a bunch of presenters. Julia Roberts, Jeremy Renner, Gloria Estefan, Jamie Foxx, Ariana Grande, Neil Patrick Harris and Jared Leto are just a few.
9. LL Cool J Is Hosting Again: Third time’s the charm! The hip-hop artist and NCIS: Los Angeles star will be the evening’s emcee.
10. Delicious Dining Experience: The mouthwatering menu will feature ahi tuna sandwiches, roasted salmon, beef short rib and pork belly teriyaki. Sounds delish!
Cheers to music’s biggest night!Follow @Infocelebrity on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!