The first to get married in low-key fashion, we mean!
The longtime loves, who are already parents to 6-month-old daughter Lincoln, tied the knot this week in a no-frills ceremony at the Beverly Hills City Clerk’s Office. No fuss, no muss.
But Kristen and Dax are hardly the first celebrities to wed under the radar. Here are seven more couples whose stealth nuptials varied in size, but were similar when it came to secrecy:
1. Kerry Washington & Nnamdi Asomugha: This is how secret these nuptials were: No one even knew that the Scandal star and the San Francisco 49ers cornerback were dating! So it was a delightful surprise when it came to light in July (as first reported by E! News) that they got married in June in a tiny ceremony in Blaine County, Idaho, witnessed only by family members. And the cute couple continue to keep a low profile to this day—while Washington has graced a dozen red carpets since with a wedding ring on, she’s yet to a hit a carpet with her hubby.
2. Blake Lively & Ryan Reynolds: Only Martha Stewart Weddings knew for sure. While the couple actually had a big soiree in Mount Pleasant, S.C., on Sept. 9, 2012, they managed to keep their plans super-secret leading up to their wedding day. (Quiet is kinda Ryan’s thing.) And the homebodies, no matter how in demand they are on the big screen (Blake’s headed back to work soon, too!), are still not ones for big splashy red-carpet displays.
3. Kate Winslet & Ned Rocknroll: It wasn’t until several weeks after they said their I-dos in New York last December that anyone knew I-dos had been said. Something that Winslet and her third husband could only keep secret for so long, however: That little crumpet in the oven.
4. Gwyneth Paltrow & Chris Martin: Viva la secret wedding! Apple and Moses‘ mom and dad got hitched on Dec. 5, 2003, without their family present. So they’re proof positive that a bunch of people don’t need to see something in order to make it real! And they’ve got their tin anniversary coming up, named so because after 10 years a couple knows they both need to be strong and flexible to make it work.
5. Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon: These two took everyone by surprise by getting married five years ago in the Bahamas after about six weeks of dating, but we’ve since caught on to their renewing-their-vows-every-year-for-their-anniversary game. They’ve more than made up for keeping people out of the loop on their first go-round with ceremonies in Paris, at Disneyland, etc.
6. Penélope Cruz & Javier Bardem: It took a couple of weeks back in July 2010 to catch on that this ridiculously good-looking couple had wed at a friend’s home in the Bahamas. Three years and two children later…the Spanish actors are still ridiculously good-looking.
7. Rachel Weisz & Daniel Craig: Now starring on Broadway for everyone to see in Betrayal, these two were super low-key at first. Their honeymoon was relatively short—reporters sniffed out their June 2011 wedding in New York about a week later. Follow @Infocelebrity on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!