That was proven tonight during the singer’s MTV special Miley: The Movement, an hour-long documentary that gave fans (and anyone who happened to land on the channel and continue to watch) a behind-the-scenes look at Cyrus’ life and career.
And it was pretty entertaining.
Viewers forgot about the Twerk Queen (at least for a little bit) and were reunited with the girl who is quirky, funny, light-hearted and insanely talented but also takes her job very seriously and still gets nervous.
With that said, here are five things we learned from Miley: The Movement.
1. How the Mike Will Made It Connection Began: The young singer admitted that she wasn’t fully aware of what her sound was coming into this album, but reached out to the producer because she was a fan of his work.
“I had known about him because I listen to a lot of hip-hop and i just fell in love with his beats and how young he was,” Miley said in the special, “and no pop chicks were really messing with him like that. I got in the studio and we were bouncing off these ideas, kinda like singing with each other and the connection just started. Then it kept getting crazier and better.”
2. She Second-Guessed “We Can’t Stop”: “Not everyone came to me and said, ‘OK you have the first single.’ I had to say, ‘No, I know this is it,’ and go to battle if I have to for whoever doesn’t believe in it,” Cyrus explained about choosing “We Can’t Stop” as her first single, but when it didn’t skyrocket to the top of the charts after premiering, she started to panic.
“It’s a 181 on iTunes. It needs to go 180 up before I’m like, smiling,” she told Mike Will Made It on the phone. “Did we make the right decision? The right song? I get nervous you know I’m having a panic attack.”
3. Reminder: Miley’s Seriously Talented: The celeb may have become famous for a number of things now, but let’s not forget—she’s got some pipes on her. When telling the story of her first meeting with Pharrell, viewers heard Miley belt “Jolene” from a 2012 summer backyard session clip. It was amazing. And Pharrell thought so, too.
“I said to my manager, ‘I wanna work with her.’ And he reached out,” Pharrell said. “I was just like, ‘Oh my God, you guys have no idea of how crazy this girl’s voice is. You listen to her sing ‘Jolene’ and you just go, ‘OK.’ So when we sat down, I was like, ‘Listen, go to Miami and all I wanna do is talk and if we make music, we make music. If we don’t make music, we don’t make music.”
4. She’s Also Pretty Hilarious: During a rehearsal, Miley was terribly sick, but that didn’t stop her from bringing on the laughs when she could.
While discussing how she should do her hair for the performance with will.i.am and her mother Tish, Cyrus asks, “Or am I gonna go Shakira-Shakira?” and then busts into the perfect impersonation of the Colombian crooner by singing her hit “Hips Don’t Lie.”
Seriously, it’s so addicting to watch.
5. Miley Has Her Moments: Cyrus was extremely nervous about her VMAs performance, and apparently ran into some trouble before even hitting the red carpet.
The plan was to arrive in a police car with the famous teddy bear by her side, but when the car missed her vehicle parked to the side, plans changed. And Miley threw the F-bomb about 12 times.
“This f–king…it’s been ruined. So f–k it, let me just get out of the f–king car. No, I don’t wanna now reverse and then everyone see me get in the car. That wasn’t the point. The point was to show up in the f–king car. This is f–king lame. Stop f–king backing me the f–k up. This s–t looks lame. Are you kidding? Let’s just get out. F–k it.”
OK, eight times. Our apologies.
Regardless, fans would have never guessed what went down in that car, because the second Miley hit the carpet, it was all smiles, twerking and sticking her tongue out for the cameras.
What did you think of Miley’s special? Sound off in the comments!
Follow @Infocelebrity on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!