Check out the five things to know about the former Ben and Kate star!
1. Her parents are celebs: Born in Austin, Texas, the 23-year-old actress is the daughter of Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith.
2. She made her big screen debut at 10 years old: Dakota made her film debut in 1999 in Crazy in Alabama, in which she and her half-sister Stella Banderas, played Griffith’s daughters.
3. She shared a bed with Justin Timberlake: Her next film was Social Network, in which she had a scene in bed with the “Mirrors” crooner, who played Napster guru Sean Parker. Speaking of the Facebook flick, Dakota will be reuniting with the film’s producers Mike DeLuca and Dana Brunetti when she heads to set on 50 Shades
4. She can strike a fierce pose: Dakota is also a model. She signed with IMG in 2006 and was in a Mango Jeans 2009 spring/summer campaign. Back in 2008, she told Aspen Peak magazine she first got interested in modeling when she was 12 when she did a Teen Vogueshoot with other celebrity kids. But, she was clear that acting was what she wanted to pursue, adding, “I don’t know where I’m going to be tomorrow or in a week. I don’t know what’s going to happen, and I’m not rushing anywhere. I know I’ll be working with IMG (her modeling agency), continuing acting classes, and in a year maybe go to the Academy of Dramatic Arts to study more. But I know I’m going to be an actress.”
5. She was the star of a sitcom: Dakota starred in the now-defunct comedy Ben & Kate, which was canceled by Fox in January. It was her first starring role on a television series.Follow @Infocelebrity on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!