Following E L James big casting announcement this morning, Fifty Shades of Grey fans have been abuzz with the news that Charlie Hunnam and Dakota Johnson landed the roles of Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele, respectively.
Take a look at the five things to know about the Sons of Anarchy star!
1. He hails from the UK: Charlie is originally from Newcastle, England, and obtained a degree in the performing arts from Cumbria College of Art and Design. His accent (and talent) served him well when he landed he first big role as a British college student on Fox’s Undeclared.
2. He’s a TV star: Charlie is best known for playing Jackson “Jax” Teller on Sons of Anarchy, a role he landed after the show’s creator Kurt Sutter saw him in UK independent film Green Street, a film about British football hooligans, according to the UK’s Independent.
3. He’s also a screenwriter: Charlie wrote a screenplay, Dracula-based Vlad, which Brad Pitt‘s production company Plan B and Summit Entertainment are slated to produce. While the actor told GQ UK that script is “still sitting on the shelf,” he’s been writing another script based on the life of American drug lord Edgar Valdez. “It’s an exploration of the death of the American dream. That’s what I’m interested in,” he told the mag.
4. He works hard to maintain his ripped bod: If you’ve caught a glimpse of Charlie with his shirt off on screen, it’s clear he stays in shape. He maintains his chiseled physique by mixing up his workouts with boxing, swimming, routines on a pull-up bar, and weightlifting among other things, according to Men’s Fitness. He also plans to head to China to study Kung Fu at the Shaolin Temple at some point. “I’m happier, more confident, and more positive when I work out. And I feel like I’m a better actor because of the clarity it gives me,” he told the mag.
5. He’s a romantic: After meeting his ex-wife Katherine Towne at an audition for Dawson’s Creek in 1999, the couple married just a few weeks later. The couple later split in 2002. He has since moved on to jewelry designer Morgana McNelis, who he’s been dating for six years.Follow @Infocelebrity on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!