Friday, October 21st, 2016

Frank Ocean Scraps Australian Tour Due to Vocal Cord Tear

Published on July 26, 2013 by   ·   No Comments only thing Frank Ocean is thinking about right now is getting his voice back.

The R&B star was forced to cancel his sold-out Australian tour after suffering a vocal cord tear at his kick-off concert in MelbourneThursday night.

Live Nation broke the news on its Twitter andFacebook page.

“After last night’s concert in Melbourne at Festival Hall, it was necessary to seek medical advice due to vocal issues Frank Ocean experienced during the show,” read a statement from the promoter. “It has subsequently been confirmed that Frank has suffered a small tear to one of his vocal chords [sic] and has received medical advice that he must rest his voice. This makes the completion of his remaining Australian dates impossible.

The ailment means the 25-year-old Ocean won’t be performing on Friday and Saturday night in Sydney as previously scheduled nor at his stint headlining the Splendour in the Grass festival.

Organizers of the latter musical gathering called the cancellation “devastating” but said the show would go on with the more than 70 acts already on the bill.

The singer-songwriter’s trek will not be rescheduled, though Live Nation said it’s working to arrange a return to Australia “as soon as is practical.”

So far, Ocean has yet to comment on the malady.

The last fans heard from the “Thinkin’ Bout You” crooner was on his Tumblr page when he posted lyrics to his own version ofMigos‘ hit tune, “Versace,” in which he boasted about winning a Grammy and deleting his Twitter account and referenced fellow artists Madonna and Beyoncé.

Here’s wishing him a speedy @Infocelebrity on Twitter!

Like us on Facebook!

Latest News

Follow US