Just a day after the royal baby was born, Kate Middleton and Prince William introduced HRH Prince of Cambridge to the hundreds of fans and media camped outside of the Lindo Wing of St. Mary’s Hospital in London (not to mention the millions of people glued to their TV screens, anxiously waiting for those doors to open).
And although his TV debut was somewhat short, we’ve already learned so much about the future king.
1. He’s Nailed the Wave: Beauty queens spend a good amount of time practicing their pageant wave, but it looked like the royal baby has it down right off the bat. As his mum and dad greeted the cameras and fans, the Prince of Cambridge seemed to give a little wave himself, which was absolutely adorable.
3. He’s a Big Baby: The prince is definitely one healthy baby boy, weighing 8 pounds and 6 ounces at birth. “He’s a good boy, he’s quite heavy,” Prince William said. In fact, the Prince of Cambridge is one of the heaviest royal babies. If you look back at the history of royal births by numbers, the only royal that came close to that weight at birth was Zara Phillips, who weighed 8 pounds, 1 ounce at birth.
4. He Has More Hair Than Dad: OK, not really, but Prince William saw the opportunity to make a joke about his receding hairline and took it (good for you, sir!). Wills quipped that the seemingly bald infant has “got way more hair than me, thank God!”
5. He Looks Like Mom (Maybe): The first-time father also excitedly told the press that the 1-day-old tot has “[Kate’s] looks, thankfully!” But the Duchess of Cambridge modestly disagreed, saying, “No, no, no, no, no,” with a sweet smile.
6. He’s a Normal Baby: Despite being heir to the throne, the public realized that regardless of his title, the tiny newborn is just like any other baby. Case in point: He loves being cradled in one of his loving parents’ arms and cries when he’s uncomfortable (like when he had to be put into that car seat), and enjoys sucking his thumb from time to time.
7. He Needs to Work on His Punctuality:Granted, it’s not entirely the baby’s fault (actually, it’s not his fault at all), but the prince’s debut was done a bit later than scheduled. “I’ll remind him of his tardiness when he’s a bit older,” William joked. “I know how long you’ve all been standing here, so hopefully the hospital and you guys can all go back to normal now and we can go and look after him.”Follow @Infocelebrity on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!