Monday, October 24th, 2016

Angelina Jolie’s Stunt Double Sues Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp. for Phone-Hacking

Published on June 19, 2013 by   ·   No Comments phone-hacking fallout…

Angelina Jolie‘s stunt double Eunice Huthart has launched a lawsuit against Rupert Murdoch‘s News Corp, alleging that the company’s representatives hacked into her cellphone.

Huthart filed the suit claiming a violation of her rights to privacy, unlawful access to stored communications and interference with her voicemails stored on her phone. She also claimed that the incidents in particular took place while she worked alongside Jolie.

She claimed she worked alongside the actress from 2004 until 2010 and even lived with Jolie during the filming of Mr. & Mrs. Smith, according to the court documents.

It appears that the stunt double isn’t just a close work friend to the A-lister, however, as Huthart says that she is actually Shiloh Jolie-Pitt‘s godmother. She also said that in 2005 she found that she did not receive several messages left on her phone and originally made complaints to her service provider.

Friends and family had asked why Huthart wasn’t responding to their voicemails at the time, including Jolie. The U.K. native said that Jolie “left messages concerning hotel arrangements where she was staying, code names for hotels and individuals, dinner reservations, meet up times” and more, but she never received them.

After the reports became public about the hacking scandal, Huthart learned that her personal information had been used by a private investigator hired by News Corp.

Huthart also claims that evidence obtained through the hacked later appeared in newspaper reports. She is demanding damages as well as a jury trial.Follow @Infocelebrity on Twitter!

Like us on Facebook!

Latest News

Follow US