“It’s all about self-control,” Webb told People magazine. “I cut out any type of bread product, and cake, cookies, bagels,” she says. “When I eat a lot of sugar, I tend to bloat more.”
But the beauty isn’t the only celeb to adopt an extreme diet. Whether prepping for a role, training or trying to drop a few pounds before hitting the red carpet, plenty of other stars have shocked us with their caloric intake.
1. J Woww: We’re not sure the former Jersey Shore star would have enough energy for a decent fist pump, according the diet advice she gave on her website back in 2010 that called for consuming no more than 500 calories a day. On the menu for lunch? Three ounces of chicken, white fish, lobster or crab.
2. Gwyneth Paltrow: The Goop goddess has admitted to battling the bulge by taking on Dr. Alejandro Junger‘s 21-day cleansing program. “As I write this, I am finishing the amazing three-week long Clean detox program…I can report that it worked wonders,” says Paltrow in a testimonial that lives on the doc’s website.
3. Michael Phelps: Looks like it takes quite the bit of food fuel to bring home the gold! The Olympic champ has admitted to consuming a whopping 12,000 calories per day when training, including entire pizzas!
4. Renee Zellweger: The normally petite actress plumped up to play Bridget Jones by adopting a 4,000-calories-a-day diet that had her indulging in pizza, milkshakes, Snickers and more to gain the 30 pounds necessary to play the Brit singleton.
5. Alice Eve: While her costar Zoe Saldana‘s weight was a hot topic after it was revealed on the cover of Allure magazine, the blond beauty made headlines of her own when she admitted to consuming mostly spinach in preparation for her Star Trek role.Follow @Infocelebrity on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!